- "At least our dispute with the Cullens is over."
- —Marcus as he receives a note about Carlisle's newest addition to his coven.[src]
Marcus is one of the three leaders the Volturi. He possesses the gift of relationship identification, allowing him to see the emotional ties between others. He was the husband of Didyme until she was killed by Aro. The death of his wife caused him into a state of withdraw, introverted state. He is only kept in the coven by Megans power over his loyalty.
- "He is the vampire that had the greatest love of all times. And lost the greatest love of all times."
- —Christopher Heyerdahl[src]Marcus became a vampire at the age of 19.
The volturi met edward and had him expose himself to humans.
- Main article: Breaking Dawn
In Alice's vision, near the end of the battle, Marcus is out in the open, unprotected, giving Stefan and Vladimir a chance to carry out their revenge against the Volturi. He spreads his arms out, muttering "Finally", and they grab his arms, twist them around him, breaking off his upper half of the body, along with his arms and head killing him quickly. But since Alice convinced Aro to change his "course", the battle never occurred and Marcus left with the rest of his coven.
- Twilight (Mentioned only)
- New Moon
- Eclipse (Mentioned only)
- Breaking Dawn